47th Tour of Homes and More
Jun 27, Jun 28, 2015
11am - 5pm Rain or Shine.
The Mithoff Hotel headlines the Fairfield Heritage Association's 47th Tour of Homes and More.
The Mithoff was acquired earlier this year. Built in 1836, the building was originally known as the Swan Hotel. Theodore Mithoff bought the building in 1865, renamed it after himself and updated the facade in the Italinate style. The new owners, the Hutchinsons hope to recapture the Mithoff magic of the 1860s, creating office, retail and restaurant space.
The Woodin-Stoughton Home at 121 N. High St., The Neeb-Heister-Anson Home at 149 E. Mulberry St., The Bodenheimer-Mayer House, 204 N. Columbus St., The Ewing-Linehan Home, 204 Wheeling St., The Roby-Prevost Home at 157 King St., The Masonic Temple, 224 S. High St., and St John's Episcopal Church 134 N. Broad St. (Please note the church's tour hours on Sunday the 28th are 1-5pm.)
The Heritage Cafe will be stationed at the Georgian Museum. This year's cafe features Just Desserts. Baked sweets and treats will be available for purchase and served with refreshing lemonade in the Georgian's parlors. Whole pies, cakes and cookies will be sold to-go, as well.
The Home Tour Tag Sale will be held in the garage behind 141 E. King St. Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted.
Cost: $6-15 per personContact:
105 East Wheeling Street
Web Site: http://www.shermanhouse.org/georgian.htm